Big GCSE Results for Birkdale!
- Published: Thursday, 25 August 2016 11:48
Birkdale School are delighted to announce their 2016 GCSE results. Birkdale consistently produce outstanding GCSE results and this year have once more delivered exceptional results, on a par with grades achieved in 2015.Overall nearly one third of exam entries achieved A* grade and 57% were A*or A grade. The top grades were attained across the curriculum with 100% pass rate in 14 subjects.
- Science grades were excellent with 100% pass rate in all 3 Sciences. 70% of these were A*/A grade.
- Modern Foreign Languages including French, German and Spanish also achieved 100% pass rate.
- Mathematics, which is consistently strong at Birkdale achieved 68% A*/A grade.
- 80% of those pupils studying Art at Birkdale achieved the top grades.
- Design and Technology (Resistant materials) achieved an outstanding 81% A*/A pass rate.
There were significant individual performances from Birkdale pupils with nearly a quarter of the cohort achieving 10 or more A*/A grades.
Pupils celebrating top grades at Birkdale include: Edmund Findlay 12 A* grades; Elliott Brown 11 A* grades; Abinav Mohanamurali 11 A* grades and Laurence Franks 10 A* grades.
Head Master Dr Paul Owen said “I am delighted that Birkdale pupils have once again received excellent GCSE results. My congratulations go to all of them. A* and A grades are an indicator of a school’s success, but I also relish in those results where pupils have achieved their personal best and fulfilled their own potential. We look forward to welcoming the vast majority back to our Sixth Form where they will continue their studies.”