The Heads and leadership teams of both the Senior and Prep Schools actively promote and expect all staff and pupils to model the school’s values, which are drawn from the Christian faith as understood through the Bible.
- We pursue and celebrate excellence, seeking to be good stewards of our time and our opportunities. (Matthew 25:14-30)
- We show perseverance, recognising that achieving anything of worth requires time and effort. (Colossians 3:23)
- We show commitment to one another, modelling our relationships in this regard on Jesus who showed absolute commitment to us. (Hebrews 12:2)
- We respect one another, recognising that each person has gifts from God and dignity and value based on God’s love for them.
- We take responsibility for our own lives and behaviour, not seeking to blame others when things go wrong.
- We show honesty, speaking the truth, not seeking to mislead others and being transparent in our dealings with each other. (Ephesians 4:25)
- We show compassion to others, modelling our relationships in this regard on Jesus who demonstrated God’s unconditional love for us. (1 John 4:19)
- We demonstrate thankfulness, showing our gratitude freely to others. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- We seek to live in peace, both as an internal condition and in our relationships with each other. (John 14:27)
- We live lives of service of other people, both within the school community and beyond, recognising that satisfaction comes from using our time, our energies and our talents in this way. (1 Peter 4:10)
- We are quick to show forgiveness to others when they hurt us, notwithstanding the need for justice, as God forgives us. (Ephesians 4:32)
- We treat other people with justice, seeking to understand other points of view and dealing fairly with people’s mistakes. (Micah 6:8)