The welfare of our students is of paramount importance; we recognise that good wellbeing is at the heart of a healthy, happy and successful life. At Birkdale school we aim to support every student with their emotional health and wellbeing.
Our goal in the sixth form is to promote a positive culture around mental health. We facilitate an environment where all students are given dedicated time to talk openly about their wellbeing. We also encourage students to adopt positive strategies to help them to look after their mental health.
We currently provide the following support for sixth form students:
- Group wellbeing sessions during form time
- .B mindfulness training
- Bespoke mental health first aid enrichment classes
- Wellbeing enrichment lessons
- Bookable one to one wellbeing coaching
- Regular wellbeing surveys to identify ongoing student needs